About the Journal
The International Journal of Technology for Business (IJTB) is an interdisciplinary open access journal encompassing all facets of technology and business. The journal is affiliated with the department of Business Information Technology, Faculty of Commerce, University of Economics in Bratislava. Focus of the journal is how technology advancement in the 21st century impacts organization, business and economy. All functional areas of business including marketing, accounting, finance, operations, supply chain, production, human resources, product development are part of the coverage. The journal publishes original research articles, review articles and case studies for an international audience of executives, researchers and scholars. Articles are only published in JTB after stringent double blinded peer review process. All research articles published in the journal are immediately freely available to read, download and share.
Topics covered but not limited to
- Management of technological innovation/development
- Critical technologies and policy analysis
- Socio-economic consequences of new technologies
- Globalisation and technology transfer
- Business excellence in various functional areas
- Best practices in business management
- International trade and commerce
- Quantitative and qualitative model development
- Microeconomics and Microeconomics
- Economic development, system dynamics
- Financial markets, emerging markets, investment theories, banking
- Economic development
- Manufacturing management
- Automation of manufacturing processes and systems
- Design for manufacture
- IoT & Cyber Physical Human Systems
- Use of technology in various functional areas of organization
- Big data in business
- Industry 4.0
- Technology management
- Innovation management
- Project management
- Marketing and the use of technology
- Accounting, Financial and Human Resource Management practices in the 21st century
Article Processing Charge
International Journal of Technology for Business is an open access journal which is freely available to everyone and anyone. All articles published are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers. At present we do not charge any article submission or processing fee. However, from 1st January 2020, there will be a EUR 100 article processing charge (APC) to cover the publication cost which will be billed upon acceptance. Authors’ ability to pay publication fees will never be a consideration in the decision whether to publish.
Public Knowledge Project
This journal operates a double-blind review process which means that the identities of the authors are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa. The review process typicall takes around three weeks. All contributions will be initially assessed by the editor for suitability for the journal. Papers deemed suitable are then typically sent to a minimum of one independent expert reviewers to assess the scientific quality of the paper. The Editor is responsible for the final decision regarding acceptance or rejection of articles. The Editor's decision is final.
Copyright and License
IJTB applies the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license to works we publish. This license was developed to facilitate open access – namely, free immediate access to, and unrestricted reuse of, original works of all types. Under this license, authors agree to make articles legally available for reuse, without permission or fees, for virtually any purpose. Anyone may copy, distribute, or reuse these articles, as long as the author and original source are properly cited.